Subject: [Leica] re:sensor cleaning
From: wbill at bellatlantic.net (wbill@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Jul 8 19:26:21 2007

After a year and a half with a dslr, and just using the blower I finally
gave
up and spent the last six weeks doing research and reading everything I
could
find on the web.  I finally purchased a "SensorKlear" from Lenspen.com and
after doing two cleanings this AM I now have a clean sensor with no junk.
Plus it was pretty darn easy to do.....

I had tried the wet method with pec pads and eclipse liquid last weekend,
that helped but did not get it clean. I still had two big glops that would
not come off.

But please don't go buy what I say, do a search over on DPREVIEW and you
will
find alot of messages of people that have tried it with success.  Most seem
to be on the Canon list with 5d's.  Plus the other big advantage is the cost
12.95 from B&H.  Yes I have film Leica's, but to spend around a $100.00 for
fancy brush is just too much for me.

wbill

If we had more time for discussion we should probably have made a great many
more mistakes.
Leon Trotsky