Subject: [Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Jul 11 07:21:54 2007

>...Maybe it's because I don't look for trouble I've been lucky...

Another wisdom from Ted... ;-) Others are shooting blue skies every week to
check if there's dirt on their sensor...

I had a gluey dirt on the sensor which did not move at all with pressed air,
too. Looked like a spot of lubrificant or somewhat. I guess something
dropped off from the camera's mechanics. As I did not trust the liquid
cleaning methods, I sent it in to Epson who cleaned it, if on warranty or on
goodwill base I don't know, but they did it for free.

Didier

Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M8 Sensor Cleaning)