Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box- A Dog's Life in 1954
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Jul 14 14:04:04 2007

Hi Jim,

I like this picture, but I find a certain haze that seems IMO not proper for
a coated Elmar, I have the nickel Elmar 5cm f 3,5, I think is uncoated and I
don't remember that it produces this effect, except if the light conditions
are on a very strong light conditions, i.e., this one was maybe on similar
light conditions and shows more contrast. Maybe is also the film, my picture
is with a modern film an probably gives better results...

IMO, if you try to edit again the picture adding a little bit more black
contrast the small haze will disappear.

The picture is very nice Jim, please read my comments on a positive sense to
improve it a little bit, even so I like the smoothnes of this lens.

Thanks for showing and open your Cigar Box, I hope you continue posting more

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis