Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon f1.2 LTM lens
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sun Jul 15 15:26:30 2007

Thanks again Larry
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Lawrence Zeitlin
Enviado el: domingo, 15 de julio de 2007 20:42
Para: lug@leica-users.org
Asunto: [Leica] Re: Canon f1.2 LTM lens

On Jul 15, 2007, at 11:24 AM, Didier wrote in response to Luis'
question:

> Having the Summilux, I would probably pass on the Canon (and probably
> on the expensive Nocti, too). 400 EUR for the 1.2/50 is much, but this
> lens is one of those with actually increasing prices. I guess the M8,
> the R-D1 and the  rangefinder revival in general are responsible for
> that (RFF has 13'000 members for instance).
>
> I paid $178.- for that lens (3 years ago), including Canon VT de Luxe
> camera, rare vented hood -sells for $300 alone, today-, 2 special
> Canon 55mm filters -normal filters don't work as the front element is
> very round)-, 3 leather cases for camera, lens and hood, pistolgrip,
> manuals, boxes- eg. the whole package. If your dealer has hood and
> cases included, the price is ok.

I had forgotten about the M8 and the RD-1. With the Canon f 1.2 you get
almost Noctilux central performance and the soft corners don't matter with
those cameras. Who needs a full frame sensor anyway? That probably explains
the rising prices. Still 400 Euro, at the current rate of exchange, is $556
in currently deflated US dollars. I'm sure you can find a Canon f 1.2 for
less.

Larry Z