Subject: [Leica] on the reservation...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri Jul 20 15:52:50 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Steve Barbour showed & said:
> Subject: on the reservation...

> Philippe Orlent helped  me immeasurably  with this photo....
> especially to see the value of leaving the child in the photo, with
> the old woman...and with the final preparation of the image,<<<<<<<
> merci....
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/
> womanchild_002.jpg.html>
>

> Steve mon ami,
> I thought the first picture of the old woman was a great photo as
> we saw it posted. Is this, child and old woman the original photo
> and you had cropped the child out?
> Tell me that isn?t so, please. My gosh the two of them is such a
> wonderful story telling moment. Whatever ones imagination.
> regardless of family connection, the two of them is a kind of time
> warp look.

yes...it really was Philippe Orlent to whom I sent the full scan, who
helped me to appreciate the strength and interplay of the two beings
in the same photo...

he cured me of the need to show the old woman alone, although a quite
different image... one which is not as strong...

> A wonderful warm moment and another for the ?Steve Barbour
> Southwest Art Gallery! ? ?
>
> Good on you big-time with this un-cropped version!

thanks to Philippe, and to you Ted... the LUG comnes thru again,

Steve