Subject: [Leica] More Barcelona pics
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 21 17:01:00 2007

Luis Ripoll showed:

>>>These are my new postings, IMO there some fun.

Italian tourists

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/070503-11w.jpg.html

A shepahrd in the city

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/070503-10p.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/070305-01w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/070313-35w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/070303-29w.jpg.html<<<<

Hi Luis,

Interesting big city life moments. It seems you have the knack or feeling
for shooting street people without annoying them while you take their
pictures. A bonus for people pictures anytime, any place.

A small point about your Italian tourists. You didn't hold the camera
straight! We, that includes me, who work with the M cameras have a tendency
to let the camera tilt slightly from the top right corner forward and this
shows up as in this picture down the right hand edge of the frame and the
wall.

This is a nit picking comment, but holding the camera straight by making a
quick check at the viewfinder edges makes the difference between a picture
with no nit picking negatives and one about the photographers perfect
ability to hold the camera straight.

Yep it's a tiny observation on this one, but it makes the difference between
a photographer who does it perfect with a quick check in the viewfinder and
a photographer who just snaps away with no concern for his talents.

I know this is something else to think about when shooting, but trust me it
matters.

Just think of me as a tough assed photo editor! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] More Barcelona pics)