Subject: [Leica] Spotmatic
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Sun Jul 22 07:35:56 2007

Hi Philippe:

Thanks for the kind words.  The scanner, (Leafscan) captures a lot more,
but the 72 dpi looses it.

I had meant to include this in the post but forgot:

The first photo is of a small portion of Battle Road, where the American
Revolutionaries hid behind trees whilst attacking the larger force of
British troops as they returned to Boston after having been turned back
at Concord by the Americans. The British were after American guns and
ammunitions but our boys were having none of that.

The boardwalk crosses Elm Brook and the Marsh.  The marsh was drained
and maintained as a hay field for almost two hundred years, but was
abandoned when most farming ended in this area and is now a protected
wetland. I hear different birds calls every time I walk through here.

The Hartwell Tavern was just a hulk around fifteen years ago but has
been restored by the Park Service and is open during the summer months.

The Jeb Brooks house is another one of the nicely restored post and beam
buildings in the MNHP. It was nothing but a granite foundation ten years
ago. Haven't been inside it yet as the Park Service doesn't have the
funds to staff it.

Jim

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Spotmatic)