Subject: [Leica] Diafine anyone? Now Nikon scanner
From: lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Tue Jul 24 11:39:22 2007

Digital ICE, or any equivalent system that uses an IR beam to identify dust,
will not work with traditional silver based b&w films.

I've scanned hundreds of rolls of b&w with Nikon scanners, been perfectly
happy with the results, and wasn't aware of any potential problems until I
read somewhere that there were issues.

Steve

Replies: Reply from charcot at comcast.net (charcot) ([Leica] Diafine anyone? Now Nikon scanner)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Diafine anyone? Now Nikon scanner)