Subject: [Leica] Question for users of B&W film
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Jul 27 16:56:09 2007

Harrison McClary offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Question for users of B&W film

<<Back when I used to push B&W I liked TMAX 400 shot at 800 and souped in

TMAX developer, to me it looked better that way than it did shot at 400.<<<

Hi Harrison,

Like wise, Tmax 400. I always shot it at ASA 800 developed in Tmax developer
for 6 mins at 70 degrees, agitation every 30 seconds at the end of the 6
minutes the developer went down the drain and the film went directly into
fixer and sloshed -agitated vigorously for a couple of minutes and it was
done! Finito. Then washed.

If anyone has any rebuts against this method please look at our book "WOMEN
IN MEDICINE. A CELEBRATON OF THEIR WORK" and you will see the results of
slightly over 500 rolls of 36 exposure Tmax 400 souped in this method. Quite
frankly it's beautiful!

I'm surprised I remembered the details given I'm all digital now. I suppose
after multi thousands of rolls souped with this method it's easy to
remember. :-)

ted