Subject: [Leica] Trip to Portland - thanks for comments
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun Jul 29 07:23:10 2007

To those who offered comments, thanks.  Hard tor reply to individuals since
I have the digest.  Mike, Jack, Len, Graham, Jim, thanks for the comments on
the panorammas.  I didn't have a wide enough lens to get all the falls in
one shot.  The Mt. St. Helens one was just for fun and I ended up with a 100
mb file that is full of detail.

Frank, thanks for the suggestion of longer time on the waterfalls.  I did
use a tripod and a 1 second exposure.  I have found that most of the time
longer time is not what I am after, but I should have tried some anyway
because each waterfall is differetn.

Greg, yes, do see Mt. St. Helens on your trip.  It is worth the effort,
especially, in my opinion, the Windy Point trip because it is right in the
blast zone and those areas were not heavily logged before the blast so the
trees are all layed down like so many toothpicks.  It has been years since I
have been to that spot, so there might be lots of new growth making the
destruction not quite so spectacular as it was in the early 80's when you
could first go into that area.  It was amazing.

Good comments from great photographers like all of you is nice to get.

Aram