Subject: [Leica] Licanon Exposure Question
From: dnaplasmid at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun Jul 29 07:54:41 2007

I finally got a focus confirmation adaptor and an eyepiece magnifier for my
Rebel XTi and have been quite disappointed with its exposure performance
using Leica R lenses.  I just conducted a more scientific test and this is
what I found.  Using the 35-70/4 zoom, it meters dead on with the lens at
f4.  If I stop down to f-5.6 if is 1/2 stop over exposed.  If I stop down to
f-8 it is 1 stop over exposed.  This is consistent with what I found out
yesterday using the 50 when I was noticing some of my shots were over
exposed and other were dead on.  I am using either manual mode or aperture
priority metering mode.  Both do the same thing, obviously, since AE mode is
just duplicating what the meter says in manual mode.

I don't remember this problem when I would use the school's original Rebel.

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a solution?  (yeah, DMR or wait for R10).

Aram

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Licanon Exposure Question)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Licanon Exposure Question)