Subject: [Leica] ColorVision Spyder
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 29 17:32:31 2007

At 08:13 PM 7/29/2007, you wrote:
>I have the Spyder II and I had a Gretag-Macbeth and though I know
>the Macbeth is better, I found that the software that comes with the
>Spyder is more likely to produce a usable calibration on my Mac.
>There are several levels of Spyder software; I have the Spyder2PRO
>software. As far as I can tell, all of the Spyder devices are the
>same regardless of software level.

I also have both.  I liked the Spyder best on my older Triniton CRT
monitor.  I like the Gretag Macbeth better on my new Eizo LCD
monitor.  Both are with PCs.  I didn't think I was going to like an
LCD monitor after my Trinitron but the Eizo is wonderful - beautiful
color and very sharp.  The Gretag "reader" thing that hangs down over
the screen is super simple to use and requires no decisions on your
part if you go with the all automatic settings ;-)  I always hated
having to decide which was better 1 or 2!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com