Subject: [Leica] new scam that might affect the LUG
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue Jul 31 17:47:15 2007

I have been receiving the Nigerian letters forever.  First, by post with a
Nigerian postmark, then by fax, now by email.  Some of it is depressing,
since evidently a large number of very wealthy relatives of mine, with
ill-gotten gains, have died in traffic accidents in Nigeria, on the very
same road.  Jay Atkinson, a tax lawyer, has archived the Nigerian 419
letters and many other scams on his site, www.quatloos.com.  It is pretty
funny, with the possible exception of those who went to Nigeria to complain
and did not return.

Ken