Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 review
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 2 08:23:43 2007

Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:

> If Leica hopes to remain viable, it will
> have to attract non-Leica users to the fold. Current Leica users
> constitute a small and aging part of the photographic population.

We were all non-Leica users at one time.  That Leica users' average age is
older than the mainstream photographic population comes as no surprise: a)
they're expensive, and the older we become the more disposable income we
have for high-end tools/toys, and  b) with experience (read: age) most of
us understand better what features we don't need in a camera so we can
comfortably use a specialized tool like a Leica instead of the SUV-cameras
that include every possible feature whether appropriate to our needs or not.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?