Subject: [Leica] IMG: From The Cigar Box - Gaudy Gooney Bird 1958
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Aug 2 15:21:54 2007

Philippe,

I'm not sure of the correct spelling, possibly Day-Glo, but it had a very
high luminance, particularly, when in sunlight.  It was used in orange,
yellow, pink, and green to define safety boundaries in some plant areas.

We, in the large wind tunnel business, used it to mark tools and ladders
that were carried into the airstream area for plant inspections, so that all
such items would be retrieved before close-up for the next operation.  It's
main problem was poor adherance to slick surfaces, so that, after a while it
began to peel, as evidenced behind the rear window of the DC-3 or C-47.

Thanks for looking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA