Subject: [Leica] 40 1.4 Nocton Do you like it? Want to sell one?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu Aug 2 19:38:20 2007

Quoth the Harrison McClary :

> Do those of you who have this lens like it?

Yes.  Sharp, nice contrast, smooth tones, and I don't give a rodent's
rectum about bokeh so haven't looked at it in that light.  I don't
like wides for portraits anyway.

 It looks like something I
> think I'd like to have, small, fast and not too expensive.  How well
> do the 50 lines work with framing?

Reasonably, as long as you remember you're getting a bit more than
you think.  I have it on a 4P and if I have time for it I can hold
the framing lever into a place that shows both 35 and 50 lines..

But really, I'm still a newspaperman at heart; I shoot a little
looser than 50 and if I need to crop, I crop.

> Also if anyone has one for sale please let me know.

I got mine from Gandy; B&H also has them in stock.

Mine ain't for sale.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com