Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Aug 8 13:38:55 2007

An interesting thread this has become!

I learned to shoot in 1962 and spent years around
the military, during which time I owned no guns,
though I got to fire a lot of ordnance up to
155mm howitzers.  So, I got my first Leica before
I actually got my rifle, which I only purchased in 1994.

I now have five Leica cameras (IIIc, IIIf RDST,
IIIg, M3 DS, and M6 Wetzlar) and a single
firearm, a 1909 Argentine Mauser rechambered to
.30-'06 -- I did put a nice Kiev 3X to 10X scope
on it, made by the same folks who brought us all
of those Contax RF clones and Kiev MF cameras.

Now my wife is a different story:  she came with
an arsenal ranging from a Remington 700 in
.22-250, a rather interesting round, to a .22
Ruger match pistol.  I do have ammunition for my
Mauser and her Remington, which I keep in a safe with the bolts.

I haven't fired in a couple of years but I
probably will do some target shooting this autumn.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas)