Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: rhc3vt at hotmail.com (Richard Coutant)
Date: Wed Aug 8 17:31:40 2007

Okay - I'm a gun owner - have been since I was about twelve.  About twenty
years ago I sold most of my gun collection in order to fix up a house for my
family.  This was before I ever thought of owning a Leica.  Now I have left
a lovely old Ansley Fox 12 gauge double, a K38 S&W revolver I bought in the
70's, a Ruger semiauto .22, and a blackpowder .45 - none of which has been
shot in the last couple of years.  I have a Leica I, two Leica II's, two
IIIa's, a IIIc, M2, M4-2, and an SL.  I guess that's more cameras.  And they
get a lot more use.  But my admiration for firearms as mechanisms,
artifacts, and historical instruments equals my similar feelings about
cameras.  Anybody want to take cameras in trade for a Colt Woodsman, or a
Spencer or Martini rifle?

Richard