Subject: [Leica] Re:IMG: Another Gooney Bird - DC3 variety
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Thu Aug 9 22:24:15 2007

Great image and the memories of my one- and- only ride in a DC-3 came back.
My dad worked for Dallas-based Braniff Airways (and spent a lot of time in a
C-47 during the war as a radio operator). He took me to San Antonio and back
from Dallas as a kid. I remember that ride vividly as long, pretty rough and
noisy compared to more modern aircraft of the time. The seating was two on
one side and one on the other.

  Thanks,
  Bill

Jim Nichols <jhnichols@bellsouth.net> wrote:
  Ira,

Thanks for the link to the Flagship Knoxville site.

There is at least one Flagship still flying. In May 2006, I took a photo of
the Flagship Detroit at a large airshow at the local airport. The link
below is to the photo in my LUG gallery.

Thanks for the feedback.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/American_Airlines_DC_3.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA