Subject: [Leica] Armed white America
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (richard-lists)
Date: Thu Aug 9 22:58:58 2007

I am travelling and Pine is giving me fits. I hope this makes it...
***
The fact that I will not buy Kyle's book is not a lead in for the question
that followed. I like Kyle's writing and his photos. I am really glad that
he is getting the attention that he is. He works hard on it and all the
best to him.

Nevertheless, I will not buy it because, well, call it a character flaw of
mine, if you will. I am allergic to guns, gun discussions, gun related
anything. It is not a problem with Kyle or anythone that needs to address.
Hence my original words of "no need to explain or defend it,"

We are blessed in this country to have competing thoughts and multiple
races. For many reasons, we chose to move to CA, one of which is the
diversity. When our then 14 years girl went to Washington DC for a one
week field trip, she remarks that "Wow, DC is quite white." She also went
to Camp Everytown (google it) in a later year for a whole week where some
of these stuff are examined in role playing sessions.

Folks, I just made an observation. I did not call anyone racist. We notice
things like that only, for example, it took us high and low to find a doll
that look a little like our kids. 10% of the population should be 10% of
the toys right? How about the all famous "skin-color" bandage. It sure
doesn't blend with 25% of the US population's skin.

p.s. congratulation to Sonny. He knows more Asian actors than I do :-)

// richard

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Armed white America)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Armed white America)