Subject: [Leica] WAS:Armed White America? NOW: DRINKING & SWEDISH GIRLS! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Aug 10 14:07:07 2007

Steve Unsworth offered:

many

years ago drinking slammers with lager chasers - perhaps the best of both

worlds (?). I do remember there being a Dane who was in even a worse state

than me.<<<<<<<

Given we've nicely changed subjects to levitating while drinking various
thirst quenching liquids. ;-)

May I suggest never, ever, ever, ever get into a learning how to consume the
local booze while trying to teach locals to drink one of your home country
drinks. Trust me you will rue the day for days, nights and a few more days
before complete back to earth recovery! Aaaaaaaaacccccccckkkk!!!!

It can't get much worse than trying to teach Swedish women how to drink
"Calgary Red Eye" a simple kind of beer and tomato juice concoction which at
home in Canada is a nice kind of summer cooler.  Certainly while the women
were teaching us to drink Aquavit! :-) Matching One to one!!!!! Drink for
drink! :-)

All I remember about this smashing event was it started out in great fun.:-)
Don't they all? ;-) The only recovery memory I have is... When I finally
could open my one good eye I was sure I had died and three big Mack trucks
had run over me and backed-up several times and done it several more times.

Obviously, absolutely no recollection of anything much beyond the first 3 or
4 Aquavit's and giggling gorgeous Swedish girls! Hey now that was a long
time ago and they were beautiful Swedish, as only Swedish girls can be
beautiful! ;-) And I was completely young and foolish and about to start
shooting the World Hockey Championships in Stockholm. :-)

Here's how bad it was at the first game. Talk about slow reflexes? Damn near
no reflexes! I was just lucky to still be breathing! :-)

It can't get any worse than this. The red goal light would flash indicating
a goal was scored, the re-action was. "Oh shit!" CLICK  went the shutter
release and one hoped the puck was somewhere still in the net! :-) Amazing
it was on a couple of them. I'm glad the "camera " saw them because I sure
as heck didn't! :-(

So my friends that ended all thoughts of teaching beautiful Swedish girls
how to drink Canadian beer and tomato juice. :-) Certainly when they were
trying to teach us how to drink Aquavit! Just think about this one more time
and it's scary when you realize the alcohol potency of Aquavit to beer! ..
It was drink for drink equal amounts of tomato juice thinned beer compared
to straight out of the bottle Aquavit like it was water! :-) Dang it hurt!
:-)

On topic? I was using 3 Leica SLmots with the big motor attached to the
bottom of the camera body.

I can almost feel the pain today at the thoughts! :-)

ted