Subject: [Leica] Re:Armed white America
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 11 00:00:59 2007

> Hmmm...Look at this story about "Guntown USA"  Kennesaw Georgia, 25
> years ago it was made the LAW you own a gun and look at the crime stats
> after this and the number of murders in those 25 years....0, yes ZERO
> and Kennesaw is a suburb of Atlanta, one of our most violent cities,
> Atlanta was number one for violent crime when I lived there in 1990-1992.
>
> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

Two days after I moved to new York they did a thing they announced on the
radio a lot of cities already did which made a law that says if you are
caught with an unregistered Guv you go directly to jail to not pass go or
collect 200 US dollars
for 3.5 years. Apparently they had built a new jail.

I felt that at that point crime became officially illegal in NY.
A couple of years ago the writing was on the wall.
And they gave the guy who did it 5 years. Graffiti also a big no no.
I very seldom do not feel safe even though I just walked down a dark street
for a Mile, Amsterdam. Around 1 AM. I'd hate to get mugged right after
seeing "Becoming Jane".
I might blurt out:
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man having just been
to the money machine and walking down a dark street at night must be in want
of a mugger.

So if someone's gun goes off accidentally in a subway and blows my toe off
at least they were on their way to committing a serious felony.
And they just weren't wearing one it as a fashion statement.

Jody Fisher is about to come out with what looks like a remake of the
Charles Bronson movie Death Wish. Which would make it Death Wish 6.
(Karate Kid 4 was Hilary Swank so there's a precedent for this trans gender
remake thing.)
But Death Wish 1,2 3 4 and 5 had a guy walking around the darkest streets he
can find in 1974 actually Central Park a period when crime was certainly
legal in NY. When the muggers que up to rob him he guns them down.
Now Jodi Fosters going to do it. I'm wondering if there's going to be a bald
headed guy. Like of like the one armed man only he's a bald headed guy.
I think people won't stand for it and it will not last more than a weekend.
Even if not a Federal Crime you can still get Wrongful Bad taste in a civil
trial.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com