Subject: [Leica] Cheap M8 Batteries Going Bad?
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Aug 12 11:25:11 2007

After initially buying just one extra Leica-branded battery for my M8, a
couple of months ago I decided to order four extra third-party batteries
(substantially cheaper) from a Hong Kong seller on eBay who a few other
LUGers had said they had success with.  I now find three of the four
will no longer take a full charge.

Specifically, I put them in the Leica charger and they seem to be
charging fully, but when I put them in the camera two of them just show
one bar (out of three bars) and another just shows two (the fourth one
shows all three, or full).

I have not been using the batteries very often and I can understand if
they would run down after a period of non-use, but I'm disturbed they
won't now seem to take a full charge at all.

The price ($20 versus around $100) was pretty attractive, but the
product may turn out to be worth what I paid for it.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience?

--Bob

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Cheap M8 Batteries Going Bad?)
Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Cheap M8 Batteries Going Bad?)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Cheap M8 Batteries Going Bad?)