Subject: [Leica] M3 slow speeds adjustment by a user ?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Aug 15 13:52:57 2007

Don't do it unless you know what you are doing.

The easiest part is to open up the camera and remove the cover.  Yes,
special tools are needed to get the top off.

The hard part is knowing what to adjust, and then to adjust and test the
shutter.  And you need to remove the rangefinder to get good access to the
shutter's slow speed escapement, forcing you to re-align the rangefinder
when you are done.

If you want to read about it, go to ebay and buy the military Leica M2
maintenance manual.  It will walk you through the procedure.

It isn't rocket science, but it isn't making a peanut butter sandwich
either.

...Vick