Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box - Two More Biplane Beauties from 1970
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun Aug 19 10:02:20 2007

Douglas,

Since the photo of the Fleet biplane caught your attention, I would like to
present two other beauties from the same fly-in in 1970.

First, an early Waco cabin biplane, whose exact designation I do not know.
It is not quite as colorful as the Fleet, but is still quite representative
of aviation in the late 20s and early 30s.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Early+Cabin+Waco+Seen+in+1970.jpg.html

Secondly, a Beech Staggerwing biplane owned by the host of the fly-in, and
still just as perfect today as it was when new.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Beech+Staggerwing+Seen+in+1970.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA