Subject: [Leica] lens prices..... 35 lux- tri elmar
From: bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio)
Date: Mon Aug 20 07:44:27 2007

I have a tri elmar e55 that always worked very well in the M7 and M8. I have
used it for some time and it always has been my favourite travel lens

  I also have the hood and the IR filter for it

  I notice that changing the focal length for me is very distracting and I
want to change it for a 35mm  summilux

  I want to keep things simple to centre my attention in the most important
thing that is framing and moment...

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> escreveu:  I think Colucci is wrong
on the 3E. As far as I can remember, there is an
E55 ( #1 version) and an E49 (#2 version.) Mechanicals are very different,
and reportedly the E49 is more reliable in the sense that the VF windows are
sometimes not correctly selected in the E55 version. The optics are the
same.

I will allow that there may be 2 versions of the E49... with and without 6
bit coding.

I own the E55 version.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I notice in the price list that there are 3 versions of the trielmar
28-35-50

What changed from the 1st to the second?