Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box - Selected Vacation Photos from 1971
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon Aug 20 15:49:22 2007

We made a vacation trip with the kids in 1971 up the east coast of Georgia
and the Carolinas, in keeping with our kids' desire to visit as many forts
and other such attractions as possible.  My personal objective was to record
those visits while looking for potential shots that I found satisfying.  I
have selected a couple of shots for uploading.

First, in keeping with Ric Carter's harbors theme, is a shot of a harbor
area near Charleston, S.C.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Harbor+Near+Charleston+1971.jpg.html

Secondly, a shot from the visit to the USS North Carolina.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Gunnery+Station+on+USS+North+Carolina+1971.jpg.html

Both were made using a Leica IIIa, 50mm 1.5 Summarit, and Kodachrome II

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box - Selected Vacation Photos from 1971)