Subject: [Leica] Re: IMG: reposting Anna's Hummingbird (Douglas Herr)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Tue Aug 21 14:55:51 2007

Doug -

Well... just to add confusion, count me among those who like the
first version better.

Both show your prioritization for classical portrait values in terms
of lighting and flattering face & body angles (which has certainly
made me rethink the Anna's shots in which I just hadta have all those
colors or else!)  But the wing edge especially in the revised version
is starting to contribute to the sortof "bird cutout against
background" thing on my screen.

Bob Palmieri