Subject: [Leica] lens prices..... 35 lux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 22 02:04:50 2007

> Hello
>
>   Last night was sold on ebay one 35 summilux ?asferical? for 1020?
>

> Didier Ludwig <leica@screengang.com> escreveu:
>> Any optical difference between the 35mm Summilux "Aspherical" and the
>> ASPH?
>
> the aspherical has one lens element less, two aperture blades more. asph is
> said to be (slightly) sharper, asperical said to have the (slightly) nicer
> bokeh. the aspherical is very collectable, the last one i saw was sold for
> $3800.

I'd say that the fact that its very collectable being that they made very
few of them with great difficulty and expense is very bad news for shooters.
very bad news for Leica Users.
The results obtainable with this marvel are exquisite.
A true marvel of optical engineering way ahead of its time.
I'd hate to see one taken out of the shooting area and put on some
collectors glassed in shelf.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hopes the guy shoots pictures with it.
OUTSIDE even.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com