Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D3
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 23 21:18:23 2007

The other point that URL made is that with full frame instead of DX we'll
not be able to shoot ultra wide digital with cheap lenses any more.

Normally ultra wide had been considered a deficiency of the DX 1.5 crop or
similar formats.

But It just ain't so.

I'm shooting wider than ever now that my format has been cut in half.

I do however have a pricy 14mm 2.8 lens when I went DX digital with nikon
its an Asperical and does not say so no the lens. A huge bubble. Like
shooting a Hasselblad lens on your 35mm camera.
So I didn't loose my 21 which I learned to love shooting Leica M with the
new ASPH. The 14 becomes a 21.

The 12 to 24 I usually use gives me 18mm's.

But this 14 gives me with a full frame camera 14!!!

That would be fun!

A big difference between a 14mm and 18mm lens.
18 - 14 = 4

As many of us know shooting with our 15 and 12 mm CV's.

Every little millimeter counts with Ultrawide.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com