Subject: [Leica] OT: New iMac question
From: pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Fri Aug 24 13:13:17 2007

I did the experiment, ran Norton Antivirus for Mac (Don't do it!) for
a year, all it did was slow things down with zero hits.
3 years without any AV, Spyware protection, etc and nary a problem.
Just watch what you give permission to install, you're unlikely to
have trouble.
This new 24"screen is pretty impressive, though.
As an aside, if you want to tone down the brightness (not a bad
problem to have), look for the free program "Shades"
Can configure to a slider in the menu bar like volume control, gives
a much greater range of brightness than the one in System Preferences.
Enjoy!
Phil