Subject: [Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Jeffrey Smith)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sat Aug 25 08:59:00 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 9:34 AM, Jeffrey Smith (in a fearless attempt to
address the actual subject in the subject line) wrote:

> Unlike Ilford FP4, Pan F is not a good film for PMK Pyro in that it
> seems to  be totally resistant to staining (and the stain seems to be
> what gives the Pyro shots their richness. Gordon Hutchings book lists
> some of the good and not so good films for PMK Pyro. I have pretty
> much settled on using only Ilford FP4 and Foma Creative 200 as they
> both work very well with pyro.

Jeffrey -

Having no experience with this Pyro business I just took the
recommendation of the chef (lab guy) in this situation where the film
choice had already been made and the tonal range of the subject was
pretty much literally off the scale.
The negs appear to be pretty stained to my inexperienced eye, but I'm
sure you're right about other films being a better match for this
murky soup.

Methinks if I'm gonna go down this particular chemical path I oughtta
get that Hutchings book...

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Jeffrey Smith))
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Jeffrey Smith))