Subject: [Leica] M8- an economic success?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Aug 31 06:44:02 2007

The financial reports are available here:

http://www.leica-corporate.com/investor_relations/financial_reports/2007/ind
ex.html

The 2006/2007 report does indicate a net positive result of 0.5 million
Euros, on the strength of the M8 sales, and subsequent increase in sales of
the lenses.

I am very glad to see the improvement, especially since last year, the where
in a 9.2 million Euro loss.

The company is only a 150 million Euro company - not large in today's global
mega-companies, but respectable for a company that has a world-leading
reputation.  And the report states that it is in the midst of restructuring,
with associated risks.  Storm clouds still loom.

So, let's say 10% of revenues would be directed to R&D - what can you make
for 15 million Euros?  And this amount has to be distributed to all lenses,
sports optics, and camera R&D.

...Vick