Subject: [Leica] To Tina
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Sep 2 12:50:11 2007

At 11:42 AM 9/2/2007, you wrote:
>tina,
>
>when you shoot with the M8 (and presumably other digital still
>cameras) do you shoot RAW only or RAW + JPEG?  what is the advantage
>of the latter?
>
>thanks,
>
>-rei

Rei -  When I first started with the M8, there weren't many third
party applications that supported the M8 Raw files so I shot
everything at RAW+JPEG, but now everything I  use - Breezebrowser,
Lightroom, iView - all support the M8 RAW files so there is no point
in shooting both.  I only shoot RAW now with the M8.  If you are
using any programs that don't support the M8 RAW files, the advantage
to shooting both would be that you can view the photos without
converting them first.  I think most programs will let you view M8
RAW files now, though.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI