Subject: [Leica] What I did on my LUG vacation and new pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue Sep 4 11:00:29 2007

Well, total left knee replacement, for starters, along with more
physical therapy than I like to think about in retrospect, a whole
bunch of house repairs, and an update to my Will (something not for
the faint of heart, I've discovered - it's one thing to write a Will
when you're 30 and quite another when you're 67).   I finally got
back on my usual summer sailing schedule a couple of months ago.

Also, picked up a K10D and a couple of lenses in January, and
recently a D40x, and a couple of lenses, and have been putting them
to use pretty regularly but am only now finding time to post.  I plan
on putting some up every few days over the next month or so.

My M8 purchase is still on hold.

Here are a couple of shots from a recent International S-Class race a
few weeks ago in Buzzards Bay (that's Cape Cod Massachusetts, for
those not in the area).  The first is a head-on shot that I think
would be perfect if not for one thing and I'd like to know if you
think that thing ruins it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/inactive/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/
IMGP7263.jpg.html

Here's a alternate taken literally a second later; more splash but
less powerful, I think.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/inactive/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/
IMGP7264.jpg.html

Finally, this is what these beautiful boats look like full length.
They were sailing off Penzance  Point, a gated enclave at the far
west of Woods Hole.  You can get an idea of the real estate values in
the area by taking a look a the "Summer cottage" behind the boat.  It
was a perfect sailing day, sunny for the most part and a nice stable
Southwesterly at 10-15 knots.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/inactive/rtaylor/PICKS/SAILING/
IMGP7233.jpg.html

All taken with the Pentax K10D and a manual-focus 200 mm Pentax-M
lens, image stabilization off due to the rolling of the boat, f5.6 at
1/2000th approximately, ISO 400.

Comments encouraged, indeed.

Regards,

Dick