Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 a no show.
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu Sep 6 08:46:19 2007

Eric - I second the recommendation of the GRD and a 28/35
minifinder.  I'm delighted with the image quality of mine and don't
find the use of JPG files a terrible limitation.  You can shoot DNGs
but will have to wait about 13 seconds between shots if you do (vs.
about 2 seconds for JPGs).  Color JPGs are good up to ISO 400, above
that I'd recommend shooting B&W only.

You might look at the Ricoh GX-100, too.  Sean Reid just reviewed the
one and liked it.  His review is available here if you're a subscriber.

http://www.reidreviews.com/reidreviews/login.asp

I had and returned one because of poor image quality due to
diffraction effects at small apertures though I liked it in other
ways.  In retrospect, I might have had a bad unit since the images
Reid published don't show these effects - though do show a couple of
other problems.

Regards,

Dick