Subject: [Leica] Anyone want to fly Nepal Airlines?
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Thu Sep 6 09:55:38 2007

Chris:

Not only did the procedure help, it's apparently in
the operations manual.~   From The Heart of the World,
by Ian Baker, p. 358:

"Even the wheels of Royal Nepal Airlines' fleet of
Boeing 707s had been splattered with goats' blood."

And the next sentence from that passage makes an
implicit assumption that might give context to your
question:

"A month earlier the living goddess Kumari -- an
incarnation of Taleju -- had anointed the king,
investing him with divine power to rule."

Hey, no response required.

A sop to on-topic sticklers:  a photographer friend is
organizing a photo expedition to the Valley of
Kathmandu in the fall of 2008. Some years ago he
bought a rapidwinder for his Leica after using mine.
He now proposes to haul a 4x5 view camera on a quest
for sacred hidden places, the better to see the world
with new eyes.  Creative and spiritual progress are
analog and non-linear.  It's been interesting to know
him as a friend and teacher, and if I go along maybe
I'll get to take some interesting photos.  We would
use local goats.

Peter.
SF, CA