Subject: [OT] Re: [Leica] Another Katrina Video
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun Sep 9 14:10:57 2007

Tina--

I heard about this on Weekend America too. West Coast do-gooder
swoops into NOLA--to rescue pets, not people; she's a clinical
psychologist named Pia and the only way this could be more clich?d
would be for her name to be Brie--and takes from its porch, feeds,
then takes back to Calif. as her own (i.e., steals), the stranded dog
of a woman who was trapped for a week at the hospital where she
worked, trying with all the others there to hold things together and
keep themselves and patients alive for a week of hell. Apparently the
irony of a clinical psychologist's claiming the right to inflict pain
and loss on another human being by virtue of having kept that
person's dog as her own pet for the past 2 yrs is lost on Dr Pia....

I was incensed enough to write a thoughtful, reasoned, and expressive
(= flaming rant) "letter to the editor" to the program. Maybe they'll
read (from) it next w/e.

--howard