Subject: [Leica] now at a school near you...
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Tue Sep 11 11:32:01 2007

Clever, funny and also Too Close To The Truth.

If their parent's can't get jobs (unless they move to Mumbai or
Taipei...), how do their kids get jobs?

Ask the kids what their options are and they'll probably tell you:

1.  Do/Sell Drugs
2.  Join a Gang to do/sell drugs
3.  Engage in petty theft en route to Grand Larceny to pay for drugs or
establish their street reputation
4.  Get beat up by those above if you don't do 1 through 3
5.  Leave town
6.  Enlist in the Military
7.  Do 1 through 6

The fact is these kids need a break and I just don't see our fearless
leaders paying them much attention or funding for a fundamental
education so they can try to get jobs that don't exist.

I come from a blue collar background (first gen.  immigrant family on
both sides) I know a lot about how frustrated the kids - and their
parents become.  And yes, I joined the Marines when I was 17.  That was
pretty much my best deal.

I did OK after that but it's a mater of statistics that after 10 years
in the Corps I'm here to write this email.

Sorry folks, but I'm really worried about this (at the global level).
If it wasn't so, we wouldn't be seeing so many photo essays on the
topic.

A funny video that touches a nerve.

Regards,

Bob