Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1 a no-show
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Tue Sep 11 13:50:11 2007

Eric Korenman wrote:
Amazing how you won't this go.
Just because we shoot leica or "the ultimate hammer" doesn't mean we have to
use it to hit very photographic "nail".

I am looking for a POCKETABLE compact camera to take nice pictures of my
friends.

Eric, I understnd perfectly because I just had the same issue for myself.  I
have numerous Leicas, etc. but wanted something for a pocket to take along
everywhere I went.  It also had to be something I could just use and forget
about, and cheap enough that if it got banged around or lost, no big deal.
So I bought a 6Mp Samsung S630 for $99.  It's been perfect for my needs.
Some photo samples are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/paswango/Samsung

I also have other p/s cameras (Yashica T4, Stylus Epic, XA, XA2, Rollei
35SE, etc.) but now prefer the Samsung.  Contact me offlist if you have
questions.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE