Subject: [Leica] Corrected Tiny URL : Moffett Cup 2007
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed Sep 12 14:07:53 2007

Chris - I'm really impressed with the D40x and the lenses I have for
it.  It's become, with a manual focus 28 mm Nikkor I picked up used,
my usual carry-around camera.  The Nikkors are all noticeably sharper
than the equivalent lenses I have for my K10D, too,  though the 50 mm
Macro and 21 mm lenses for the Pentax are really sharp.

Photographically speaking, I like Malabar shot best of this set
myself.  The long bow wave makes the shot, I think.

A bit more separation would have been nice in the shots of the
catboats but when you're shooting from a heeling, bouncing, sailboat
in the midst of a race you are lucky to keep the subject in the frame
much less get stuff to line up the way you want.

Thanks for commenting.

Regards,

Dick