Subject: [Leica] Double boilers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Sep 14 21:23:20 2007

Double boilers!
They're not just for baby food anymore.

I used to think they were good if you were upstairs and cooking something
downstairs. Now I live in a small space and use mine even more.
You cant over cook something no matter how hard you try. Its not going to
stick no matter what. I can start my soup and rice the same time.
You turn it off it keeps cooking or keeps it warm for at last a half hour or
more.
I got a pot from All Clad and you could get a steamer for the top of it for
only 40 bucks. So I got the steamer. Use it just as much if not more as a
colander. 365 holes a  year.

But they also sold a colander with no holes.
You might call it a Bain Marie if you had my French teacher in high school.
Or a Double boiler if you are less affected; more American.

But it comes in handy more than you think.

I don't  leave home without one.

Oh the All Clad Double boilers like the steamer top also only cost 40 bucks.
When I bought it a few years ago.
That's cheap for ALL Clad. For 40 bucks they usually wont even give you a
pot holder with their name on it.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com