Subject: Am I NIkonian? [Re: [Leica] Final Three from Moffett Cup]
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Sat Sep 15 10:01:05 2007

Just realized I should have changed the subject line on this.

Well, part Pentaxian, part Nikonian, I suppose.  Since digital has
taken over, my M7, M3 and a half dozen Leitz lenses are sleeping
quietly in their bag.   I'll take the M7 and a couple of lenses out
of storage for the upcoming LHSA and Rockport meetings and no doubt
be tempted by the M8 yet again, but the $5K price is a hurdle I doubt
I'm going to leap any time in the near future - much as I would like
to have a digital body for my M lenses.

In any case, all these shots used a long tele, 300 mm in 35 mm terms,
and aren't in Leica M territory.

Besides, as Mark and maybe others have discovered, the D40X and a 28
mm Nikkor make a really nice, small, lightweight, general purpose,
capable, carry (almost) everywhere camera.

My GRD is also sleeping soundly in a drawer.

Regards,

Dick