Subject: [Leica] technical question
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Sep 16 06:32:47 2007

Hi Philippe,

You are talking about fairly extreme closeups. I would not use a
200mm macro. My choice is a bellows and a 105mm enlarging lens. It
gets you the right magnification and distance from the target. You
will need to use a tripod, without question. You will need to
experiment with lighting. I don't know what camera system you use but
my setup is:

Nikon D2X or D200
Bellows PB6
Nikon F to Leica 39mm adapter
Nikon 105mm enlarging lens (many other lens options including
reversing lens with BR-2A adapter)
Small extension tube between the camera body and lens if a D2X is used.
Nikon R1C1 wireless close up system or flood lighting.

If you want to go simple get a 55mm or 105mm ( 90mm ) macro lens and
extension tubes.

Len