Subject: [Leica] M8 battery airport adventure
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Tue Sep 18 11:43:20 2007

Frank, El Al indeed used to be the least stressful one in
obvious/intruding security measure among a number of European, Far East
and US airline companies I used to fly with in my past. They put the
emphasis on phychological behavior of the people crowding in the
airport, the selectors are well trained to pick the person from the
crowd who may potentially hint for an undesired activity, not
necesserely the one with camera hanging off his neck...The improtant
factor is the intelligence information they constantly are supplied from
the appropriate government/military services regarding the potentially
harmful faces, learn these faces and then look for these in the crowd.
Having said that, lately I noticed they also begun hard way by hand
searching throughh the luggage of higher percentage of the passangers
then they used to in the past....

Alex