Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wide Angle Tri-Elmar and Leica UV/IR Filter
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Sep 19 14:38:21 2007

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/M8+Filter/16mm_WATE.jpg.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/296onu

This is a follow up image to a question George Lottermoser had
comparing the Leica and the B+W UV/IR filter.

This image is nothing special except it was taken in my backyard with
a very clear, blue sky. I just received the 49mm leica filter from
B&H to put in my Milich adapter for the WA Tri-Elmar. The adapter
allows use of the original, very small lens hood that comes with the
WATE. I had been using the poor 67mm filter holder that Leica sells
for this lens.

The lens, M8 with lens detection plus IR set on was set to 16mm. The
photo was taken with the lens set wide open at f4. My eyes tell me
there is absolutely no cyan creep. The Leica firmware matches the
filter just fine.

I have run the same test in the past using the B+W filter which shows
cyan creep due to the firmware under correction of the stronger
filter and with the Tiffen filter that shows a beige creep due to the
firmware over correction due to the weaker Tiffen filter.

I hope this helps to answer some of the questions that have been
asked about the different UV/IR filters.

Len

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] IMG: Wide Angle Tri-Elmar and Leica UV/IR Filter)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: Wide Angle Tri-Elmar and Leica UV/IR Filter)