Subject: [Leica] Red-Billed Something Bird
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri Sep 21 05:14:48 2007

I knew the LUG would come through.  Thanks Doug, Ric and Sonny.  The
name makes sense.  The long bill would be perfect for rooting out
oysters in the mud.  But the color?  I wonder if it's a byproduct of
adaption or if it serves some purpose?  A quick check of the web
mentioned no difference on coloration between males and females, so
it can't be sexual.  Nature is truly wondrous sometimes.

Regards,

Dick