Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 482
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat Sep 22 21:06:46 2007

Douglas,

Yes, we inform our customers of the changes and the reason for the changes.
We are actually required to do so.  From what I understand the Leica
announcement, while poorly written/translated, is just doing the same thing
we would normally do.  Unfortunately, the Leica crowd turns this into a much
bigger deal than it really is, reading into it major design problems or
something else equally bad, when they are just adjusting due to parts being
changed or no longer being made by a supplier, which happens all the time.
I think Leica in an effort to reduce this panic amoung the Leica user, when
they see a new firmware listed in current production run of M8's, which has
backfired on them, doing exactly what they were hoping to keep from
happening.  This thing over the firmware is WAY OVERBLOWN.   In the market I
work in, this type of disclosure is run of the mill and expected.

Gene