Subject: [Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Sep 23 17:06:35 2007

Ric Carter wrote:

> Nice stuff, especially the ultrawide night shots. Are you going back?

Thanks!  No, today was the last day, and it could not get put back on
the schedule.  I wish it could have, because while I was editing what I
shot I realized how much I had missed.

> You photos could have easily been the North Carolina State Fair. It's
> in less than a month, and I can't wait. And that's not just because
> they always have it on my birthday;^)
>
> My 2006 album:
> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/State+Fair/>
> <http://tinyurl.com/2q3hkq>

Those are really nice.

I made the decision to shoot at twilight/dusk/night because I wanted to
see the Midway lights against the dimming sky, but looking at yours I
can now sure think of a lot of things I could have shot in the daylight.

One pretty good photographer friend suggested I use a flash at the fair
at night.  I didn't, but I can see what he was thinking.  It might have
made for some interesting effects.

Maybe next year...

--Bob

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] The Oklahoma State Fair, By Me)