Subject: [Leica] Yellowstone gallery
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Sep 24 13:20:44 2007

LUG: Here's a link to the "first cut" of my Yellowstone photos:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/Ystone1stCut/

The gallery contains about 125 photos (culled from about 650!). I made
adjustments to the white balance, exposure and contrast, but did not crop,
straighten, spot out sensor schmutz or do any fancy stuff.  This gallery
is primarily a travelogue for family and friends who are not as critical
as the likes of you. But if you want to tag along, please do.

Yellowstone is a truly amazing place.  We did a lot of "geyser gazing,"
and answering of the deep philosophical question, "Why did the the buffalo
cross the road?"  We also saw a couple of bears and bighorn sheep (sorry,
no pics of them). I had a lot of fun playing with shadows, and with
abstract patterns made by the hot springs' mineral deposits and
multicolored bacteria colonies.

Over time, I will work up the best of the "keepers" for printing, and add
them to the main Yellowstone gallery.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/Yellowstone/

All photos developed with Capture One from RAW, shot with the M8 and IR
cut filters. If you want to know what lens was used, look at the EXIF
data:

28mm = 28/3.5 VC Skopar, Leica filter, Milich adapter, coded.
35mm = 35/1.4 Summilux ASPH, B+W filter, hand-coded with a Sharpie.
0mm = either a 50/2 Summicron or a 90/3.5 VC Lanthar, B+W filter, not
coded.
I used a polarizer for many of the photos on p. 7, and a few others.

Comments and questions welcome.  Pick your favorites.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann) ([Leica] Yellowstone gallery)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Yellowstone gallery)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Yellowstone gallery)